Monday, November 21, 2011

DIY Snowflake Hurricanes

                                                                                
I got my Martha on today!  We are off all week due to Thanksgiving, so I'm enjoying some free time to scratch the surfface on my craft list.


I came upon this project in the Martha Stewart 2011 Holiday Handbook. She did a beautiful winter wonderlad sceen, but I wanted something a little more simple.

Here is what you will need.

glue with a fine point
glass hurricans
templet of desired design
tape and glitter



Cut out your template and tape to the inside of the glass.




Next trace with gule and sprinke on the glitter liberally.






Move the templet around and make as many snowflakes as you would like. I did three, but you could go the whole way around.



Continue on with the others. After all three are done, they will need to sit and dry for a few hours.



As you can see there are a few spots where the glue lines were not so clean. Here is a tip: If you let it dry all the way you can just use an x-acto knife or a sharp thin edge to gently clean it up.




Dust off the remaing glitter and your done. I LOVE the way they came out!





7 comments:

Kara said...

They look great! I love them and it seems pretty easy. I would love for you to share at our Shine on Friday party going on now.

http://happy-go-lucky-harvey.blogspot.com/2011/11/share-and-shine.html

Karen said...

They turned out really pretty! What a great decoration for the holidays:)
Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

g*rated said...

these are so pretty!!! they look beautiful ... i'm gonna have to make myself some :)

Nikki Monet said...

These came out great! I just made some snowflake lanterns Ill be posting soon. New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my link party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

Have a great week!!

Jaime Lyn said...

What an amazing idea!!!! Oh goodness how simple and wonderful! Thank you so so much for linking up last week and for the inspiration!!
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

Unknown said...

I am your newest follower:) I just spent a good hour and a half going through pages and pages of your posts and I must say, I LOVE what i see. You have some great ideas:) Hope you will take a minute to check me out at www.twotinytyrants.blogspot.com. It is a fairly new blog so I dont have too much going on yet but I feel it is destined for greatness:p

yanmaneee said...

nike max
curry 6 shoes
air max 90
balenciaga shoes
nike air max 270
golden goose outlet
hermes online
michael kors handbags
louboutin outlet
supreme clothing