Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lamp Shade Painting

Seriously...did you know you could do this!?!  Paint a lamp shade? Who knew!

As you may know I've been in the process of decorating Sophia's new bedroom. I have a lamp shade from her old room that is green and white and just does not match the new color scheme. So while looking at it  (light bulb) I thought paint it! It was worth the try. Besides I bought it from Goodwill 2-3 years ago for I think $2.

Here is the shade before:

                              

The process was super simple! I started by picking at the end of the ric-rack and it just peeled right off. 


Then I used masking tape to mask off the area which was going to be painted.


I used Americana Razzle Berry Acrylic Paint and a sponge brush and went to town painting it.



Ta-Da!!!


6 comments:

Lavender and Linen said...

Very lovely. You did a great job!

Sassy Sites! said...

CUTE!! I love your blog, so adorable! I'm a follower now! Stop by Sassy Sites and say hi! ;)

Josalyn said...

that's awesome for $2!!

Amanda said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/12-lamp-makeovers-and-redos/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

basle said...

visit this site right here designer replica luggage read the article Dolabuy Gucci helpful site buy replica bags online

theaut said...

b9j31g8e05 p6m66k3w12 q6w38r2p99 j4n33b3k77 i4s55g3g50 p2f84o7l30